Children's Book Research

Below are a collection of children's stories which give me inspiration for my final piece  and story. I taken photographs of the original book and converted them into a video.  


Mole Hole - Jean Claverie / Peter Dickinson




Mole Hole is a children's story about a man who has a mole living in his garden of which is getting on his nerves. I find this book relevant to the exam theme experience, encounter and meetings as the story resolves around the man meeting the mole and trying to get the mole to leave his garden. I like this book because the images are all hand drawn. The book also has a turning wheel of which when you turn different pictures appear in the wholes in the page.


Mick Inkpen - Kipper's Beach Ball


Kipper's beach ball is a children's book about kipper the dog finding an inflatable beach ball in his cereal. I like how simple the drawings/images are. The book and it's writing is very clear and easy to read.

E.H. Shepherd - Wind in the willows / AnyYear Diary





Beatrix Potter




Old MacDonald's Farmyard Tales - Illustrated by Caroline Davis







Mr Men / Mr Strong and the flood. - Roger Hargreaves


The Gruffalo



I have decided to use the Gruffalo story as a base plan for writing my own story.

No comments:

Post a Comment